Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hello, September

September is only a few hours away, which means Summer is just about over too. Technically, I know that the season has a few more weeks until the Equinox, but I never consider that to be the true end of Summer. For me, that's always Labor Day. Growing up, school always started on the day after Labor Day, since in Minnesota schools cannot legally start before then because the tourism industry wants families to still take vacations in late August (that really is the reason). Plus, it is the last day of the State Fair, which is another psychological end point.

I can already see some signs of the changing season. A few trees are in the early stages of changing color from green to red and gold, and there are grasshoppers jumping around when I go hiking on the weekends. Plus, it gets dark much earlier at night then it seemed it did only a couple of weeks ago. Not much in the way of cooler weather yet -- it hit ninety outside today -- but hopefully that will be here soon as well. It is one reason of many why Fall is my favorite season.

Actually, that would make for a good post, so you can expect to see that in the near future.

No comments: